We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
To avoid finding yourself with moldy tomatoes and wilted vegetables, here are some helpful tips for to preserve to the best fresh vegetables.
How to store fresh vegetables, general rules
The vegetables once cooked, they can be stored in the refrigerator for a couple of days at most.
There are qualities of vegetables which deteriorate more easily than others, therefore the rule that the fresh vegetables should be preserved in the refrigerator until consumption. In fact, there are some vegetables that must be left at room temperature to prevent the cold from damaging them, as in the case of potatoes, tomatoes, onions or legumes.
How to store fresh vegetables, selective rules
- Green leafy vegetables should be stored in paper bags to absorb moisture. As soon as they wither, pass them into ice water. When storing, make sure the outer leaves are not decomposed, in which case remove them.
- Some vegetables such as peppers, green beans, broccoli, cabbage, celery, cucumbers, onions, mushrooms can also be stored in the freezer as long as they are first blanched and cooled and then stored at sub-zero temperatures. It can be a good idea if you want to make a good minestrone.
- Cauliflower goes preserved in the refrigerator until ready for cooking or consumption. If it begins to decompose, just eliminate the yellowed or spoiled part to be able to consume it with peace of mind. Once boiled you can keep it in the refrigerator for a couple of days at the most.
- Carrots also go preserved in the refrigerator until ready for cooking or consumption. Even if they are very resistant to spoilage vegetables, it can happen that they become moldy due to excessive humidity in the refrigerator or due to an improperly closed package. It is a good idea to keep in a paper bag
- The eggplant and zucchini are among the vegetables more delicate, they wither quickly, it is therefore advisable not to keep them in the refrigerator for more than 4/5 days. Freezing at home is not recommended due to the loss of water which would ruin the taste and texture of the aubergines and courgettes once thawed.
- Tomatoes can also be preserved in the refrigerator if you want to stop them from ripening for a few days later, however, it is advisable to leave them at room temperature in a paper bag to complete the process. It is advisable to touch them as little as possible to avoid the risk of bruising them. Yes they can to preserve also by drying them in the sun or in the oven and then placed in oil or kept without anything else.